Lynnhaven Baptist Church began in the hearts of the people of First Baptist Church of Pocomoke City. By early 1950, the attendance at First Baptist had grown substantially and the church members made the decision to expand. Soon after, funds were budgeted to purchase land and to build a new church building. Through all of this, many First Baptist members decided to stay at the current location on Market Street.
In April of 1963, the new property and funds were transferred to the new church of Lynnhaven Baptist. This new group began meeting in the Pocomoke Armory for worship, Sunday School and training.
On June 2, 1963, the church was constituted as Lynnhaven Baptist Church with 90 charter members. It was affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, Baptist Convention of Maryland, and the Eastern Baptist Association. Reverend M.H. Henderson became the first pastor. He led the church in the groud breaking for their new church building on December 1, 1963. The building was completed on December 20, 1964.
Several pastors contributed to the spiritual life of the young congregation in the following years. Plans were made for a sanctuary unit and ground breaking for the sanctuary on October 12, 1975 and was completed in December of 1976. Now Lynnhaven Baptist Church with a 300 seat capacity sanctuary was being led to a greater ministry as it began to fulfill God’s great commission.